Wednesday 3 October 2012

Audience questionairre


From the results of my questionairre, I can conclude that the majority of people would most prefer an informal college magazine whicht alks about social events more than college information. On top of this, most of my results show that people would prefer weekly issues to keep up to date.

With reference to social grades, a vast  majority of my results (4 out of the 5 who answered) have a parent/guardian or parents/guardians which classify as C2 - skilled working class such as mechanical engineers and employment in maintenance for motor companies such as Nissan.

Using questions which allow me to conclude what type of physcographic audience my magazine would most appeal to, I have discovered that people who classify as 'Belonger' and 'Achiever' express the most interest. I included the question 'When you buy clothing, do you pay for the brand or pay for what it actually looks like?' to whcih the greatest response was 'pay for the brand' - this relates to achievers as they are willing to pay a more expensive price for a brand name instead of just buying clothing for what it actually looks like. To discover wether a 'Belonger' sub-community would be interested in my magazine, I included the question 'If given the choice, who would you choose to be happy; yourself or your bestfriend?' - this appeals to 'belongers' who are family/friendship orientated which would choose their best friend to be hapy over themself in most cases. On top of this, to designate between my 'achiever' and 'belonger' sub-comunitees I included the question 'Do you believe money can buy happiness?' to which most achievers would answer yes as they steretypically own expensive cars, a big house and have a generally wealthy family which leads to a happy family atmosphere whereas 'belongers' and other sub-communitees would answer no as their family and friendship orientated views would lead them to believe money cannot buy happiness, you can be poor and happy with family.

I have included below a copy of my questionairre to which I recieved 5 completed forms with all questions answered.

1 comment:

  1. A concise, controlled questionnaire with some good, clear thinking on its construction and in identifying the target audience using media terminology and theory.

    ReplyDelete